Dan Gillmor reports, “Google’s Jason Shellen confirms that the company is dropping RSS support in favor of Atom.” Gillmor adds Dave Winer is worried Google is building its own aggregator.
RSS is such a standards mess that it’s ripe for competition. What is not in competition is the proof of concept for a lightweight Internet headline service. May the best implementation win!
Posted on this day, other years:
- Literary Journals: Survival and Preservation - 2009
- The Disappearing Right Column on FRL - 2006
- AT&T Using Calling Cards to Diss E-Rate - 2005
- London Calling: International Internet Librarian - 2005
- Talks and Tours, 2005 - 2005