For today’s lunchtime post I bring you… the trip itinerary!
We’re staying at two places we’ve enjoyed: the surprisingly comfortable Wigwam Motel in Holbrook and at the Big Texan in Amarillo, where we watched a man try to eat a 72-ounce steak. The other places I’m still working on…I’m trying to find the motel with the nice swimming pool in Needles where we had a dip at 7 a.m. in water still warm from the previous day’s sun.
Vicki, let’s not rule out dinner close to where you are in La.–if we hit all our markers as scheduled, we’ll have that evening available!
Posted on this day, other years:
- The Reluctant Cataloger - 2012
- Theme changed, feeds appear fixed, WordPress upgraded - 2008
- Bobbing to the surface - 2007
- Moveon.org Vigil for Cindy Sheehan at Middlefield and Colorado, Palo Alto - 2005
- We the Librarians? (Go Buy Dan Gillmor's Book!) - 2004
- Bay Area Reporter Seeks History/Trivia Questions - 2004