FRL’s Blogiversary: Today We Are Four!

Today Free Range Librarian turns four years old!

Now, today is the official blogiversary — the day I first put a post into a Movable Type blog I had installed myself.  I entered three posts in July, 2003 (two of which I had written and previously posted elsewhere), but I didn’t blog again until November, 2003, which has 36 posts and therefore with this post (quoting Ted Hughes, no less) really marks the beginning of my blogging… uh? Career? Lifestyle? (Or maybe I can’t help it… I was just born that way?)

In reviewing the posts for the last four years, it struck me that the months where I posted the most were not the months where I was the least busy — in fact, they were often when I was extremely busy — but were the months when I was happiest. I’m a talker (on paper, anyway), and chattering away is a sign I’m happy.  Also, writing breeds writing: the more I write, the more my mind is in the writing mode, and the more inclined I am to set words down and share them with Gentle Readers from many walks of life.

Anyway, thanks for sharing yourselves with me these past four years. (It’s become so much easier to manage comments since I moved to WordPress… oy, night and day!)  Your readership has been a nice constant in my life.

1. jessamyn wrote:

happy day for you!

Monday, July 23, 2007 at 7:59 pm | Permalink
  2. Mark wrote:

Congrats, Karen!

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 at 4:50 am | Permalink
  3. Maurice wrote:

May the fireworks and bubbly flow on your blogiversary. Congratulation on an inspirational and most excellent to read blog.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 at 5:48 am | Permalink
  4. kate wrote:

happy happy! four years of excellent blogging is no small feat. as the kids say, w00t!

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 at 10:59 am | Permalink
  5. Many happy returns, Karen. Looking forward to the next four years. :)

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 at 6:29 pm | Permalink
  6. Cal Gough wrote:

Happy belated blogiversary! After about four years worth of daily readings of various biblioblogs, FRL
    remains at the top of my ever-expanding, but intentionally unalphabetized “blogroll.” I expect the proverbial “many happy returns” if you decide to keep blogging, which I certainly hope (for your readers’ sakes) you will.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 at 4:39 am | Permalink

One Trackback/Pingback

1. Library Stuff » Blog Archives » FGL Turns Four on Monday, July 23, 2007 at 6:45 pm

[...] Congrats KGS!! Posted in KGS | Trackback | del.icio.us | Top Of Page [...]