It’s almost time for the March of the Librarians! Friday at ALA starts with an ol’ pal picking me up at SNA and then heading out for a road trip to see libraries (or at least, given area traffic, “library”). I’m thinking West Hollywood, even though it’s an hour from the airport. Recommendations welcome.
As always, my schedule has some dueling appointments, overlap, gaps, and things I should probably be doing but don’t remember. I conclude my term as interim GLBTRT secretary after this conference and then swing into ALA Councilor responsibilities as of Midwinter 2013, so I’ve blocked out some time at this conference for getting reacquainted, as I can’t make the Saturday orientation for new and returning councilors.
I very much appreciate all the suggestions for my work on Council. The big issues do seem to be ebooks, ebooks, and ebooks.
Events that are definite for me are starred.
Friday June 22
* 11-5 Road trip!
4:00pm – 5:15pm Opening General Session, Rebecca MacKinnon
Saturday June 23
* 8-10 a.m. GLBTRT Steering Committee I, Hyatt Regency Orange County – HYATT – Garden 1
* 10:30 – noon GLBTRT All Committees’ Meeting Anaheim Marriott – MAR-Grand Salon G-H
12:30 – 2 Exhibits solo
2 pm – 3 pm: Exhibits w/MJ
3:30pm – 5:00pm ALA Council / Executive Board / Membership Information Session Anaheim Marriott Platinum 1-6
* 6 – 8 pm LIAL11 Reunion dinner
Sunday, June 24, 2012
* 8-10 am Publisher’s focus group; “A Very Nice Breakfast” at the Anaheim Hilton. CH organizing.
* 9:30 – 10:30 am Camino Meeting (SCELC Navigator network users and interested folks) — OCLC Blue Suite
9:00am – 12:00pm ALA Council I Anaheim Marriott Platinum 1-6
10:30am to 12:00pm OCLC: Our Digital Future Hilton Anaheim, Huntington Room (n.b. I owe you all a post about DPLA West)
1:30pm – 3:30pm LITA Top Tech Trends, Anaheim Convention Center, Ballroom A
4:00 pm – 5:30 pm The Fourth Paradigm: Data-Intensive Research, Digital Scholarship and Implications for Libraries (LITA President’s Program)
* 6:00 – 8:00pm GLBTRT Social Tortilla Jo’s, 1510 – Disneyland Drive, Bldg A
Monday June 25
* 9:30 Breakfast with SK
* 10:30 – 2:00pm Stonewall Book Awards Brunch Anaheim Marriott – MAR – Grand Salon A-D
Yet more exhibits
5:30 – 7 Battledecks!
Tuesday June 26
* 9 – 11:00am GLBTRT Steering Committee II Anaheim Convention Center – ACC – 212A