This is a space I created over break for reading, studying, and revision (which for me is done largely by hand, with a Red Pen Of Death–a fine-point PaperMate Flair with its distinctive maraschino-cherry-colored ink). I call this spot my Table of Craft (“craft” being a word I love to toy with, resonant as it is of long, quiet afternoons cutting shapes from construction paper and eating library paste). The table was my father’s garage workbench in the house I grew up in. I cleaned it up and have been dragging it with me all these years; it’s my workbench now.
Posted on this day, other years:
- Vitamin Colleague - 2015
- My essay, "The Outlaw Bride," published in Ninth Letter - 2009
- What the hay, Chowhound? - 2008
- For Sandy on Valentine's Day - 2005
- MP3 Players Storm the World - 2005
- How Blogs Work: A Tutorial for Mr. Acosta - 2004