I visit the Y five days a week, nearly always with a book in tow. The best part of reading on a treadmill is that it’s hands-off–perfect for that first run through a new book or essay. I’m all for marking up books on the second and subsequent pass as I dig into close reading, but that first reading should be a virginal experience, without my yammering pen on the page.
Posted on this day, other years:
- Between an ebook and a hard place - 2012
- Heading to Code4Lib, Prepping for Evergreen 2009 - 2009
- Think Good Thoughts For Feel-Good Librarian - 2007
- My Code4Lib Keynote - 2007
- Media Bloggers Association to the Rescue - 2005
- Blogging at PLA: Any Insights? - 2004