In the comments on the “Jesus was a community organizer” post (and elsewhere), my illustrious sister Maia weighs in. She’s been mayor of a small town, a talk show host, etc. and has her own observations about Palin.
Personally, I think Maia underplays her own qualifications; unlike Palin, she understands the market and foreign policy, she’s smart as a whip, and she’s well-spoken. Plus, she’s funny — intentionally funny. But alas, she’s not in a position to be a heartbeat away from the red phone.
Meanwhile, on a more positive note, these young whippersnapper veterans are for Obama. As an older, Cold War veteran for Obama, I particularly appreciate “We deserve a strategy that honors our sacrifices.” All I can say is HOO-AH!
Posted on this day, other years:
- California: Third Time's the Charm! - 2009
- Farewell, Techsource - 2007
- Thinking Towards Johannesburg - 2006
- Being Jenny Levine - 2005
- Launch Date - 2005
- Virtual Reference: Still Looking for the Answers - 2004
- Thoughts About "E-Membership" on ALA Committees - 2004